“Heroes & Villains”
July 23rd – 24th, 2016
Shelly Johnson, Executive Pastor
“You Are My Hero”
- Hero: Someone who sacrifices him/herself for the benefit of another
- Villain: Someone who sacrifices another for the benefit of him/herself
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
John 3:16 p. 1065
“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
John 13:34-35 p. 1080
“My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.”
John 15: 12-13 p. 1082
How Do I Become a Hero?
- First ask yourself “Am I willing to be a hero?”
- Pray and ask God “Who do you want me to be a hero to?
- Make the time; we’ll never find the time.
- Do it!
Action Step: I will pray this week and ask God, “Who do you want me to be a hero to?”
Watch the full message here.